What Compounds Are in Perfume? (Flavor and Fragrance)
Everybody loves perfume! It makes you feel better and boosts your confidence. Thus, what compounds are in perfume? Check this lists of perfume ingredients below!
The Ingredients of Perfume
You may be asking about what compounds are in perfume, so here we go! Also read about List of Prohibited and Restricted Cosmetic Ingredients Canada
1. Butane – Butane is alkane plus 4 carbon atoms. Butane is an organic gas. Its chemical formula is C4H1.
2. Isobutane – Isobutane is also called i-butane or methylpropane. It is the isomer of butane and the simplest alkane with a tertiary carbon. Its chemical formula is C4H10.
3. Propane – Propane is a three-carbon alkane. Its chemical formula is C3H.
4. Aluminum Chlorohydrate – Aluminum chlorohydrate is a kind of widely used primary coagulant. Its chemical formula is AlnCl(3n-m)(OH)m.
5. Cyclopentasiloxane – Its chemical formula is (CH3)2SiO
6. PPG-14 Butyl Ether – C6H14O
7. Perfume – Perfume is oil or aroma compounds plus fixatives plus solvents oil. It is a non-polar chemical substance, the viscous liquid at ambient temperatures, hydrophobic and lipophilic. It consists of high carbon and hydrogen content. It is flammable and surface active.
8. Fixatives consists of HTC-1 Diallyl dimethyl ammonium chloride (DADMAC) and HTC-2 Diallylamine.
HTC-1 Diallyl dimethyl ammonium chloride is a cationic monomer. Its chemical
formula is C8H16NCl – HTC-2 Diallylamine is colorless to light yellow transparent. It is liquid. Assay is ≥99% and moisture is ≤0,3%.
9. Solvents – Solvents are substances that dissolve a solute, resulting in a solution. It can be liquid, gas, solid, or supercritical fluid. They are made of turpentine and citrus solvents, or derived from petroleum or other synthetic sources.
– Turpentine is a fluid from resin distillation, from live trees, mainly pines. Turpentine chemical formula is C10H16 (pinene).
– Citrus solvents consist of 98% pure citrus peel oil extracted from the peel of the orange fruit and 2% water.
– Petroleum is yellow to black liquid that can be found in geological formations beneath the earth’s surface.
10. Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil – It is useful to make skin smoother. It the armpits’ skin is smoother, it will not be easily cut if I shave it.
11. C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate – Its chemical formula is C1215
12. Disteardimonium Hectorite – Its chemical formula is Na 0.3(Mg,Li)3Si4O10(OH)2
13. Octyldodecanol – Octyldodecanol is a long fatty chain alcohol. It is an emolient and emulsifier.
14. BHT – It is butylhydroxytoluene or butylated hydroxytoluene. It is a lipophilic organic compound, chemically a derivative of phenon, that is useful for its antioxidant properties.
15. Propylene Carbonate – Its chemical formula is CH3C2H3O2CO
16. Dimethiconol – Dimethiconol is a silicone gum.
17. PEG-4 – PEG-4 is polyethylene glycol. PEG is also known as polyethylene oxide (PEO) or polyoxyethylene (POE).
18. Glycerin – Also read about Chemicals in Cosmetics Products
19. Water – Its chemical formula is H2O
20. Butylene Glycol – Antioxidants, vitamin E, sterols
21. Propylene Glycol – Its chemical formula is C3H8O2
22. Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract – Licorice is the root of Glycyrrhiza glabra from which a sweet flavour can be extracted.
You may also read about this:
- List of Toxic Chemicals in Nail Polish
- Harmful Chemicals in Antibacterial Soap
- List of Harmful Chemicals In Toiletries
Well, know you know about what compounds are in perfume. You could use perfume everyday to get some love, tho. Meanwhile, some chemicals in perfume may be cause you allergy or further skin conditions. We would like to talk about it in the next articles.