A-Z List of Chemicals Evaluated for Carcinogenic Potential
The US EPA (Environment Protection Agency) has a listing of chemicals and their rating for carcinogenic potential. It highlights the List Of Carcinogenic Pesticides In Agricultural Industry then it is revised annually. Moreover, their list becomes a guideline for other countries regulations.
EPA highlight How Many Toxic And Hazardous Chemicals Are Banned In The United States. Moreover, it evaluated the list into four iterations of a categorization system. The Chemicals Evaluated for Carcinogenic Potential gives an overview compounds evaluated for carcinogenicity.
Not Likely carcinogenic to humans
This descriptor is when there is no evidence in an experiment that leads to any harmful issues. Therefore, it is safe to say that these chemicals such as Safe Chemicals For Coloured Flames and Safe Chemicals To Clean Oven
to have no Likely to Be Carcinogenic. Some of these chemicals fall right into the category.
- Clothianidin, this chemical in insecticides is a safer alternative to organophosphate, carbamate, and pyrethroid more harmful chemicals. It has lower risks to human, mammals, and the environment.
- Propamocarb hydrochloride, a fungicide to control of soil, root and leaf disease. It absorbs and distributes by the plant’s tissue.
- Diazinon, a colorless to dark brown liquid chemical to control unwanted insects such as cockroaches, silverfish, ants, and fleas.
- Triticonazole, a kind of fungicide, Common side effects include nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, rash, and also a headache.
- Trifloxystrobin, a new kind of strobilurin fungicide that active against a wide range of fungal plant pathogens.
Inadequate data for an assessment of human carcinogenic potential
There is debatable evidence from several researchers that receive conflicting evidence, that provide evidence of carcinogenicity but other studies of equal quality show otherwise. Therefore, these chemicals in these categories need further studies.
- Dithiopyr, a pre-emergent substance in the List Of Chemicals In Herbicide that controls in turfs and ornamental grasses. It is effective on several types of grass and weeds.
- Chlorpyrifos, insecticides that may lead to acute toxicity, poisoning, and developmental effects.
- Myclobutanil made into the List Of Chemicals Banned In Canada, Colorado, Washington, and Oregon for medical usage, However, the substance itself if commonly for fungicides purposes.
- Glyphosate, this herbicide substance has very low toxicity in both human and mammals. However, further research always encouraged.
- Imidacloprid, label as “moderately toxic” on mammals and low toxicity on humans with a compulsory “Warning” or “Caution” label.
- Metalaxyl, The fungicide with severe resistance problems that show a failure to eradicate unwanted plants.
Evidence of carcinogenicity, but not sufficient to human carcinogenic potential
The list based on research in animals where if there is the appropriate weight of evidence carcinogenicity but the data has insufficient
for a stronger conclusion. Therefore, things such as Effects Of Environmental Chemicals On Human Health contributes for supporting data for chemicals that fit into this category need further research to determine the carcinogenic level.
- Boscalid has a moderate side effect which includes a headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, exhaustion, sore throat, coughing and wheezing.
- Mecoprop-P, a component in a common herbicide that targets weeds.
- Malathion, this List Of Carcinogenic Pesticides In Agricultural Industry. Many countries banned this chemical
Potential to be carcinogenic to humans
This description is cor chemicals that have adequate evidence for
the carcinogenic potential to humans but does not reach enough evidence for the descriptor “Carcinogenic to Humans.” Chemicals that fall into this category shows a positive association to a tumor, and suspect to cancer-related.
- Acephate, it emits toxic of various oxides of phosphorus, nitrogen, and sulfur after heated. decomposition. Symptoms of exposure include a slight irritation of eyes and skin.
- Propiconazole, this triazole fungicide into the growing fungal cell membranes to stop the cellular growth.
- Dichlobenil, a highly toxic substance that many country bans for any usage. It has a low solubility. Therefore, it is not highly volatile and has the potential to leach into groundwater. Moreover, this substance is moderately toxic to mammals, aquatic organisms, honeybees, and also earthworms.
- Dimethoate, an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor that disables many essential enzymes for central nervous system function.
- Quintozene, is a fungicide to suppress the growth of fungi in various crops, such as cotton, rice, and seed grains.
Carcinogenic to humans
Strong evidence of human carcinogenicity that covers different combinations of evidence such as association to cancer, tumors, and other severe illness. Therefore, this List Of Chemicals Known To Cause Cancer And Reproductive Toxicity fits well into the category.
- Permethrin, has many usages such as medical, agricultural, pesticides and insecticides. Excessive exposure can cause nausea, headache, muscle weakness, shortness of breath, and seizures. It is highly toxic for animals and shows sign leads to a tumor in a human.
- Carbaryl, a toxic substance that impacts the circadian rhythms and increase the risk of diabetes and metabolic disorders.
- Chlorothalonil, it has a label of “moderately toxic” for direct contact and eye irritation with “practically nontoxic” if it is swallowed.
- Thiophanate-methyl, a fungicide for crops and trees that widely used for agriculture with moderate toxicity for poisoning.
- Iprodione applies in a variety of crops and a very strong fungicide that inhibits the germination of fungal spores and it blocks the growth.
These categories determine chemicals from the less Carcinogenic Potential to the most carcinogenic. Therefore, it is important Why Should An Individual Working With Chemicals Understand The Hazard and take the necessary steps.
The list has not covered all chemicals, there are still many need to be tested. Therefore, the list will continue to revised and developed.