Hospitality industry as we know serves its guesses with its hospitality. One aspect that is needed to keep maintained by them is cleanliness aspect. In order to keep the hotel always in clean condition, they need the cleaning materials.
Before we discuss about the safe uses of cleaning chemicals in the hospitality industry, we have to know what kind of those cleaning chemicals are :
Here are the types of cleaning materials to assist in preparing the room:
- Disinfectant = germicidal chemicals
- Glass cleaner = glass cleaner
- Floor cleaner = floor cleaning material
- Polish Furniture = furniture
- Detergent = wash material glass, porcelain, and the like
- Metal polish = metal polishing material
- Multi perpose cleaner = cleaning chemicals that have several functions such as cleaning glass, glass, furniture and flooring
- Air freshener (Read Harmful Chemicals in Air Freshener)
- Disinfectant = germicide chemicals
Disinfectants are basically chemicals to kill microorganisms. Disinfectants can only be used on inanimate objects, such as household furniture and parts inside the house. While antiseptic fluid can be used on the skin or tissue of human tissue for the same purpose. Read the instructions and description of the disinfectant or antiseptic products to ensure their usefulness.
Soap solution in the water can indeed be used to clean almost all parts of the house. However, this solution sometimes does not work to keep certain parts in order to remain sterile from germs. This is where disinfectants and antiseptics are beneficial because the harmful microorganisms that are allowed to multiply can be a source of disease.
E-coli and influenza, for example, spread rapidly and can multiply to 8 million fold in just one day! Household cleaning disinfectants and quality antiseptic materials are capable of killing nearly 100 percent of bacteria and leaving only a small amount of bacteria that usually does not endanger health.
There are several tips on cleaning clean and healthy floors that can be done :
- Clean the floor of the dirt with a sweep first.
- Floor mop using disinfectant, especially kitchen, bathroom.
- If the mop water is cloudy, replace the mop water so that the germs used in mop water are not contaminated by other areas on the floor.
- Separate mops used for the outside and inside of the home so that outside germs do not go inside do not throw the mop water into the sink, throw water away from the mop into the bathroom or onto a vacant lot is the best way.
You may also read :
2. Glass cleaner
Glass cleaner is used for Cleaning glass / mirror.
Safety Guidance on Use of Glass Cleaning Fluids
Using equipment or home furnishings can not be done indiscriminately, including in the use of glass cleaners and utensils. As we know, there are many parts of the tool that is somewhat sensitive and need to be considered in order to ensure the safe use of every home cleaner is always maintained. Because if used indiscriminately, it could happen things that are not desirable such as damage to the furniture at home to blisters or wounds on your body.
In order for all equipment and liquids to clean the glass in the home can be used safely without causing unexpected effects, consider the following brief guides:
- Make sure the equipment and cleaning products that you use meet the standards and fairly safe.
- Use a soft, soft cloth to prevent scratches on the glass.
- Direct the cleaning tool properly until the whole.
- Wear a sturdy staircase and accompanied by relatives to clean the glass on the difficult part of reach.
And if the range of glass you clean is too high or can not be cleaned in the normal way or manual, take advantage of services from professionals who use adequate tools to clean the entire glass of the house with good and maximum. By paying attention to the above guidelines and guidelines, the glass cleaning and cleaning equipment you are using is also very secure and unexpected things can be avoided from now on.
3. Floor cleaner = floor cleaning material
Floor cleaner is a high concentration floor cleaning liquid. Contains a combination of Non Ionic, Active Agent Surface, and natural scent, effective for cleaning dirt, and kills germs on the floor (bactericidal and anticeptic). So the room becomes clean, healthy, and fresh. Floor cleaner easily decomposes, so it does not cause environmental pollution. (Read also Harmful Cleaning Chemicals to Avoid)
How to Use :
- Insert the floor cleaner into a water-filled bucket with a comparison according to the instructions or 1:30
- Then insert the mop head into the bucket and wring it out
- Stretch on the floor evenly
4. Multi Purpose Cleaner
It’s the cleaning chemicals that have several functions such as cleaning glass, glass, furniture and flooring
Multifunctional cleaning products are designed for use on different objects. There is no standard benchmark in this kind of product, but most are able to act as a disinfectant, cleanser, and oil solvent.
Each brand of cleaning product has a different ingredient composition and works with different levels of efficacy. Some brands are effective to clean one material but not very well on another. One thing is certain, these products contain harsh chemicals and need to be used according to the dose rules specified on the packaging.
Examples of the uses of Multi Purpose in the Hospitality Industry :
- Wash basin to be cleaned in a cleaning drug that is MPC (Multi Purpose Cleaner), rub all parts, among others surface, stopper and stopper devicedengan scoot bright to clean.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Clean the glass surface by using glass cleaner evenly, rub with OO towel and clean with a clean dust cloth.
Toilet bowl (Read Harmful Chemicals in Toiletries)
- Flush toilet bowl with water
- Give a cleansing drug that is R6, rub into all parts of the bowl toilet. Rub all parts of the bowl toilet using the toilet brush.
- Flush again with water, then dry with OO towel
- Wet the shower glass with warm water, give cleaning medicine that is MPC or Glass Cleaner.
- Give a cleansing drug also on the shower room wall
- Scrub the shower glass with a sponge and then scrub the shower room, shower controller and drainage hole with a bright scoot.
- Rinse glass shower, wall and all parts that have been rubbed by using warm water.
- Dry with OO towel
- Dry all parts of wash basin that have been cleaned with OO towel
5. Metal polish = metal polishing material
As for metal materials that tend to be dull or rusty due to the process of accumulation of dirt and humid air oxidation, metal polish is required to restore the luster. Metal polish is effective to clean and polish all kinds of metals such as chrome, brass, silver, bronze, aluminum, nickel, etc., while protecting and preventing it from corrosion and rust.
Metallic materials need to be cleaned regularly so as not to dull quickly and rust. Stay rubbed into the media to be cleaned with a clean cloth. For safe use, note the instructions for use.
6. Detergent = to wash material glass, porcelain, and the like
Shaped in powder, bar, liquid or cream. Can be used as a cleaning agent for equipment of basic materials of plastic, vinyl, ceramic, leather, metal, porcelain.
Fabrics such as wool, silk, satin and fluff are soft materials and can be damaged when washed with a washing machine. In many cases, the best way to determine clothing can only be washed by hand is to check the label.
How to wash clothes by hand
Washing clothes by hand is easy. Follow the following nine steps and wash with hands briefly.
- Check the clothes care label you want to wash by hand before starting.
- Fill the bucket, sink or tub with water, making sure to follow the temperature instructions listed on the label. If you wash more than one outfit, it is best to use the lowest possible temperature, or add hot water. Then, also make sure to wash clothes according to the color group (eg white clothes, black clothes) to avoid fade.
- Pour the selected detergent for hand washing as much as recommended. If you use soap powder, make sure it dissolves evenly in the water.
- Put the clothes into the water, one by one. Clothes with stubborn stains should be soaked for up to half an hour.
- Wash clothes by rubbing the cloth slowly then turn it in the water. Focus on stains or marked areas, and be careful not to rub them too hard.
- Dispose of soap and refill the bucket, sink or tub with clean water.
- Dip the clothes in the water to remove soap and rinse thoroughly.
- Dispose of water and refill. Pour the softener as you want it into the water, be careful not to direct the fabric (for extra precautions, you can move the clothes into the keangjang during this process, then place it back into the water after the fabric softener is inserted).
- Leave clothes to soak for up to half an hour.
- Remove all water from the bucket, sink or tub.
- Rinse any clothes with clean water.
- Dry your clothes (especially dresses and jumpers) evenly over the towel to help not tangle.
You may also read : Safe Chemicals to Clean Fish Tank
Hope this article is helpful to understand the safe uses of cleaning chemicals in the hospitality industry.