There is a magical chemical process in every activity that we do, when we breathe, they all join forces in order for cellular respiration to occur. There is more than 80 Chemical Element Human Body that normally functions and make it all possible to make you survive and function.
What Chemicals Are Needed in Order for Cellular Respiration to Occur
In order to do things such as breath, gas to perform the respiration to turn the energy from the food that you consume. All the way, overall process rely on natural chemicals in your own body.
The first stage in order cellular respiration can happen is glycolysis that enables glucose to split. You eat a very good meal and it needs to break down before the body can digest it. This process also takes several chemical sequences to make sure it occurs.
- Glucose the substance an Examples Organic Compounds Uses in the human body converts the 6-carbon glucose into two 3-carbon molecules. Afterward, there is energy during the breakdown process of glucose that turns carbohydrates, fats, and proteins and stored in adenosine triphosphate or ATP.
- Oxygen is an important addition to the process, even though in the presence of oxygen or not the process still occurs. However, if there is no oxygen, the glucose will process harder. This non-metal chemical matter has no color, odor, or taste. The Common Uses Oxygen Element in gas essential to living organisms that convert to carbon dioxide.
- Glycogen is a combination from a phosphate to glucose that later one turn into glucose 6-phosphate. Furthermore, Glycogen by the help of glycogen phosphorylase can create glucose 6-phosphate
- Phosphofructokinase is energy metabolism that turns glucose into healthy enzymes that help the body to function. This ATP additional turn phosphorylate fructose 6-phosphate into another form of glucose called fructose 1,6-disphosphate that splits into two phosphorylated molecules that degrade into pyruvate.
2. Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle
The TCA cycle or also known as the Krebs cycle caters the breakdown of organic fuel molecules. Moreover, it has various steps catalyzed by eight different chemicals substances that produce energy at various stages.
- Hydrogen exists during the cycle that creates the acidity which consists of three NAD molecules when they are reduced. These molecules pose as fuel in this stage. Whereas, Hydrogen Uses vary in the body but all pose great importance to functions.
- 2-carbon molecule (acetyl-CoA) come from pyruvate and through the long process able to produces carbon dioxide. This chemical in the body is an additional chemical that forms the end result to the very last.
- Carbon dioxide is the end result of the overall process. The human body isfull of Uses Of Carbon Compounds Related To Their Properties. One of them enable us to breathe properly and releases carbon dioxide as a waste product.
Oxaloacetate with the help of acetyl-CoA (2 carbons) rearranged into a more reactive form called isocitrate (6 carbons) that later on the process is modified to become various chemicals.
3. Oxidative Phosphorylation
In this stage, each pair of hydrogen atoms slit themselves from NADH and FADH2 trough series of action of iron-containing hemoproteins, and cytochromes. In the end, all the process will leave one atom of oxygen to form water.
The last step of making sure the cellular respiration process goes well uses both NADH and FADH2 to generate ATP. In the end, all the process is to have ATP in your body, the element that moves a muscle, enables you to breathe, replicate your DNA, and makes your heart beats – you need ATP to do this work! The whole agenda occur in two parts and involve chemicals to create another natural chemicals reaction.
- Phosphate, the ATP add phosphate to ADP inorganically. The substance the Branches Biochemistry that make sure the proton gradient across the inner membrane than move into the matrix by facilitated diffusion.
Alternative Energy Sources
Glucose is not the only chemicals substance that can occur the respiration solutions. There is other chemicals compound in our systems that make a variation to the process. Therefore, even if you didn’t have any sugar intakes there are others to generate energy.
- Fats. If the body is lack of sugar, it turns into fats to breaks down and grabs some ATP. Therefore, you can still function even if you are not eating, thanks to the fats in the body. The triacylglycerol reserves and leads Lipases in the bloodstream and break down the fats to travel all the way to adipose cells.
- Protein. You can totally take full advantages to excess proteins intakes and turn them into energy. This is the reason why some people diet by just eating proteins. Our body metabolism process glucose and fat but also stored them in our body if there are too much to go around. Proteins break them down completely.
- Proteases break the protein bonding that enters the body then turns them into amino acids which later on goes through digestive process and build up amino acids. If there are no more enzymes to process it releases ammonia that becomes a waste product and out from the system in a form of urine.
- Amino Acid is a combination of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen is important in the process to rearrange cells to enter cellular respiration either as pyruvate, as acetyl CoA, or straight to Krebs cycle.
Most of the chemicals to make respiration cellular occurs in the mitochondria that include glucose, and oxygen turns into carbon dioxide and then turn into energy.
From all the chemicals in the process, you can tell oxygen is the most important element that all stages require to function. Only at the end of the process that uses oxygen directly, where the other stages just simply can’t run without.